ABOUT THE EQUALITY NETWORK
The Equality Network is founded on the philosophy that awareness precedes change, and that awareness is the best place to start when understanding diversity.
The Equality Network wants to equip people with the knowledge and skills required to create an inclusive society.
Whether you’re coming out, or a close friend, relative or work colleague has come out to you, this course will be of value to you.
It will help you:
- unravel the LGBTIQ+ acronym
- understand and counter traditional LGBTIQ+ stereotypes
- get an understanding of LGBTIQ+ history and the struggle for equal rights
- get to know important symbols, rituals and dates in the LGBTIQ+ calendar
- learn how to show respect to your loved one
- understand how to be a strong LGBTIQ+ ally.
According to PwC, 55% of surveyed LGBTIQ+ employees have observed homophobia in the workplace, and homophobia in the construction industry is more prevalent than in other sectors.
The Equality Network’s mission is to accelerate understanding of the LGBTIQ+ community so they feel respected and safe, by training supportive employers in diversity and inclusivity in every Australian workplace by December 2030.
Founded by respected gay advocate and community leader Bronte Price, The Equality Network aims to advocate, educate and accelerate understanding of the LGBTIQ+ community so that together, we can make real, defining, and lasting change that will truly impact diversity and create a more inclusive culture.
The Equality Network is an independent training and membership-based organization that delivers workplace-appropriate LGBTIQ+ content by a qualified trainer and respected leader in the gay community.
Bronte Price founded The Equality Network. He’s passionate about training individuals and workplaces about how to become LGBTIQ+ inclusive.
- his decades of service as a senior public servant
- a qualified trainer
- his insights as an LGBTIQ+ marriage and funeral celebrant, and
- his experience as a media commentator in this area (having been featured in The Age, and on The Project, ABC, SBS and JOY94.9)
to deliver a robust training program with engaging, impactful course content.
He’s the perfect storm of experience and wisdom that can assist you and your business become a safe space for LGBTIQ+ people.