We’re planning on holding the Masterclass on Monday September 16th in North Essendon Melbourne and Monday October 28th in Sydney CBD.
The planned content is:
Masterclass 1 – 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Safe space + You Can’t Ask That – questions you have always wanted to ask
- Unravelling the LGBTI+ acronym
- Gender revolution – gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation
- How’s your gaydar?
- Language – appropriate (and offensive) words and terminology
- Activity: a guided fantasy – walk in our shoes
- First impressions and assumptions – how to avoid making mistakes when dealing with LGBTI+ couples planning their wedding
- Differences between straight and LGBTI+ weddings
- Practical marketing tips to make your venue LGBTI+ friendly
Masterclass 2 – 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Why marriage equality is so important in the broader fight towards equality
- ‘Same-sex couples’ data from the Census 2016 – numbers, income, location
- Expectations of LGBTI+ couples planning their wedding
- How to avoid Pink Washing and defining the Pink Dollar
- Things to avoid asking / saying when dealing with LGBTI+ couples planning their wedding
- Language – use of pronouns – what they are and why they’re so important
- Activity: Rites of Passage
- Targeting same-sex couples with effective marketing
- What sorts of marketing don’t work so well for LGBTI+ couples?
- Advanced marketing tips – branding, reputable businesses, community credibility
The cost of the entire day is $375 per person with a limited number of 15 attendees. If you are interested please contact email@example.com